- Webpack 4
- Babel 7
- Hot Reloading (
- CSS Autoprefixer
- UMD exports, so your library works everywhere.
- Based on CRA v2.1.1 (For Vanilla JS libs or React libs)
- Jest unit testing
npm run demoTo build a ready-for-deployment demo (Example)
- Customizable file headers for your build (Example 1) (Example2)
- Weekly dependabot dependency updates
📦 Getting Started
git clone https://github.com/hodgef/js-library-boilerplate.git myLibrary npm install
Before shipping, make sure to:
package.jsoninformation (These will be used to generate the headers for your built files)
library: "MyLibrary"with your library's export name in
./bin/postinstall(If you would like to display a message on package install)
- Your users can include your library as usual
import MyLibrary from 'my-library'; import 'my-library/build/index.css' // If you import a css file in your library ...
<link href="build/index.css" rel="stylesheet"> <script src="build/index.js"></script> let MyLibrary = window.MyLibrary.default; ...
✅ Libraries built with this boilerplate
Made a library using this starter kit? Share it here by submitting a pull request!