This is a basic library boilerplate. For a more robust alternative, check out js-library-boilerplate.
- Webpack 4
- Babel 7
- UMD exports, so your library works everywhere.
- Jest unit testing
- Daily dependabot dependency updates
📦 Getting Started
git clone https://github.com/hodgef/js-library-boilerplate-basic.git myLibrary npm install
Before shipping, make sure to:
package.jsoninformation (These will be used to generate the headers for your built files)
library: "MyLibrary"with your library's export name in
- Your users can include your library as usual
import MyLibrary from 'my-library'; const libraryInstance = new MyLibrary(); ...
<script src="build/index.js"></script> const MyLibrary = window.MyLibrary.default; const libraryInstance = new MyLibrary(); ...
Note: In this minimal version, any images and css files you import will be added to the js bundle. If you want them as separate files, you can use js-library-boilerplate or edit the Webpack config accordingly.
✅ Libraries built with this boilerplate
Made a library using this starter kit? Share it here by submitting a pull request!
- Canvas-Txt - A library to print multiline text on HTML5 canvas with better line breaks and alignments
- simple-keyboard-autocorrect - Autocorrect module for simple-keyboard
- simple-keyboard-input-mask - Input mask module for simple-keyboard
- simple-keyboard-key-navigation - Key navigation module for simple-keyboard
- swipe-keyboard - Swype type keyboard module for simple-keyboard