A libpurple/Pidgin plugin for signald (signal, formerly textsecure).
signald is written by Finn Herzfeld.
I never wrote code for use in Pidgin before. EionRobb's purple-discord sources were of great help.
Tested on Ubuntu 18.04.
There have been reports of incoming offline-messages getting lost. As far as I observed, they are not lost but delayed and delivered after a restart of signald.
- Receive messages
- Send messages
- Receive files
- Receive images
- Send images
- Receive buddy list from server
Note: When signald is being run as a system service, downloaded files may not be accessible directly to the user. Do not forget to add yourself to the
- signald configuration (i.e. initial number registration)
- Synchronizing messages sent from another device
- Deleting buddies from the server
- Updating contact details
- Contact colors
- Expiring messages
- Messages with quotes
- Proper group chats (right now you can send and receive group messages, but you cannot tell which one of the group members is answering)