A libpurple/Pidgin plugin for WhatsApp Web.
Powered by go-whatsapp, which is written by Lucas Engelke.
Being developed on Ubuntu 18.04.
- Have at least go-whatsapp e51cd7d or newer.
- Build using the supplied Makefile.
- Place the binary in your Pidgin's plugin directory (
- Create a new account
You can enter an arbitrary username. However, it is recommended to use your own internationalized number, followed by
123456789from Germany would use
This way, Pigin's logs look sane.
- Upon login, a fake conversation should pop up, showing a QR code.
Using your phone's camera, scan the code within 20 seconds – just like you would do with the browser-based WhatsApp Web.
- Receive text messages
- Receive image messages
- Sending text messages
- Anything beyond simple messaging, really
What could be done next
- Support group conversations properly.
- Implement receiving audio, media, and document messages.
- Wait for server message received acknowledgement before displaying sent message locally.
- Sort old messages by date.
- Find spurious segfault.
- Implement sending image, audio, media, and document messages.