This is the offical plugin for Facebook Connect in PhoneGap!
This is all licensed under MIT except for app/www/facebook_js_sdk.js which is the Facebook JS SDK and is Apache 2.0.
Download the latest version of PhoneGap from www.phonegap.com.
Create an Android or iOS PhoneGap project -- those are the only platforms that the Facebook native application currently runs on :(
On Android you will need to put the following in your phonegap.xml / plugins.xml file:
<plugin name="com.facebook.phonegap.Connect" value="com.phonegap.facebook.Connect" />
On iOS you will need to put the following in your PhoneGap.plist file:
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the native/android/ folder into foobar/
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the app/www folder into foobar/assets/ overwriting the index.html and icon.png files but keeping the phonegap...js file.
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the www folder into foobar/assets/
From terminal in the foobar folder (with an android device attached to your computer) run the following command:
ant debug install
- Make sure you've registered your Facebook app with Facebook, and have an APP__ID and APP__SECRET
- Get the latest iOS source from http://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-iphone and read the README there about getting started with iOS.
- Create a new Xcode project from the PhoneGap template that you created and installed (you did that if you read the README on github I hope).
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the native/ios folder into your app in Xcode (usually in the Plugins folder group). Make sure it is added as a "group" (yellow folder)
- Modify the APP_SECRET value in FacebookConnectPlugin.m with your Facebook app's APP__SECRET
- Find the PhoneGap.plist file in the project navigator, expand the "Plugins" sub-tree, and add a new entry. For the key, add com.phonegap.facebook.Connect, and its value will be FacebookConnectPlugin
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the app/www folder into the www directory in Xcode overwriting the index.html and icon.png files but keeping the phonegap.*.js file
- From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the lib folder into the www directory in Xcode
- for Xcode 4, you will need to build it once, and heed the warning - this is an Xcode 4 template limitation. The warning instructions will tell you to drag copy the www folder into the project in Xcode (add as a folder reference which is a blue folder).
- Under the group Supporting Files, find you [PROJECTNAME]-Info.plist, right-click on the file and select "Open As -> Source Code", add the URL Scheme from the section below (you will need your Facebook APP_ID)
- Download the Facebook iOS SDK from https://github.com/facebook/facebook-ios-sdk and put it into your project folder
- Drag the facebook-ios-sdk.xcodeproj file into your project, this will create it as a sub-project
- Click on your project's icon (the root element) in Project Navigator, select your Target, and the Build Phases tab.
- From the Build Phases tab, expand Target Dependencies, then click on the + button
- Add the build product from the facebook-ios-sdk sub-project
- From the Build Settings tab, search for Header Search Paths
- Add the value /Users/Shared/PhoneGap/Frameworks/PhoneGap.framework/Headers
- From the facebook-ios-sdk.xcodeproj sub-project, drag out the FBConnect folder into your project's Plugins folder, and add it as a group (yellow folder).
- From your Plugins/FBConnect folder, remove the JSON folder (remove reference only)
- Run the application in Xcode.
Make sure you add the scheme to your [PROJECTNAME]-Info.plist (located as one of the files in your Xcode project), substitute [APP_ID] and [SCHEME_ID] below to the appropriate values. This is to handle the re-direct from Mobile Safari or the Facebook app, after permission authorization.
- [SCHEME_ID] is usually a unique identifier for the scheme, in reverse domain name notation (i.e com.facebook.phonegap.myscheme)
- [APP_ID] is the Facebook app id given by Facebook
<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key> <array> <dict> <key>CFBundleURLName</key> <string>[SCHEME_ID]</string> <key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key> <array> <string>fb[APP_ID]</string> </array> </dict> </array>