Facebook Connect PhoneGap Plugin
This is the offical plugin for Facebook Connect in PhoneGap!
This is all licensed under MIT except for app/www/facebook_js_sdk.js which is the Facebook JS SDK and is Apache 2.0.
Download the latest version of PhoneGap from www.phonegap.com.
Create an Android or iOS PhoneGap project -- those are the only platforms that the Facebook native application currently runs on :(
On Android you will need to put the following in your phonegap.xml / plugins.xml file:
<plugin name="com.facebook.phonegap.Connect" value="com.phonegap.facebook.Connect" />
On iOS you will need to put the following in your PhoneGap.plist file:
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the contents of the native/android/ folder into foobar/
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the app/www folder into foobar/assets/ overwriting the index.html and icon.png files but keeping the phonegap...js file.
From the PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin folder copy the www folder into foobar/assets/
From terminal in the foobar folder (with an android device attached to your computer) run the following command:
ant debug install
iOS (Mac OS X)
- Get the latest iOS source from http://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-iphone and read the README there about getting started with iOS.
- Create a new Xcode project from the PhoneGap template that you created and installed (you did that if you read the README on github I hope).
- From the 'PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin' folder copy the contents of the native/ios folder into your app in Xcode (usually in the Plugins folder group).
- Find the PhoneGap.plist file in the project navigator, expand the "Plugins" sub-tree, and add a new entry. For the key, add "com.phonegap.facebook.Connect", and its value will be "FacebookConnectPlugin"
- From the' PhoneGap Facebook Connect Plugin' folder copy contents of the app/www folder into the www directory in Xcode overwriting the index.html and icon.png files but keeping the phonegap.*.js file
- for Xcode 4, you will need to build it once, and heed the warning - this is an Xcode 4 template limitation. The warning instructions will tell you to drag copy the www folder into the project in Xcode.
- Run the application in Xcode.
- Add the URL Scheme for your app below
iOS URL Scheme
Make sure you add the scheme to your [PROJECTNAME]-Info.plist (located as one of the files in your Xcode project), substitute [APP_ID] and [SCHEME_ID] below to the appropriate values. This is to handle the re-direct from Mobile Safari or the Facebook app, after permission authorization.
- [SCHEME_ID] is usually a unique identifier for the scheme, in reverse domain name notation (i.e com.facebook.phonegap.myscheme)
- [APP_ID] is the Facebook app id given by Facebook
<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key> <array> <dict> <key>CFBundleURLName</key> <string>[SCHEME_ID]</string> <key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key> <array> <string>fb[APP_ID]</string> </array> </dict> </array>