Holly Social - Zapier App Template
- Sign up as a Zapier Developer: https://zapier.com/developer
- Keep the reference nearby if you're going to develop further: https://zapier.github.io/zapier-platform-cli/cli.html#zapier-cli-reference
- Clone this repository
git clone https://github.com/scottybo/holly-zapier
npm installin the project folder
- Install the Zapier CLI: see https://zapier.com/developer/start/introduction
- Setup your LOCAL environment by following the instructions below (Setting up your environment)
- Test your app:
zapier test- learn more here
- Deploy your app
zapier push- learn more here
- Setup your REMOTE environment by following the instructions below (Setting up your environment on Zapier)
- Head over to https://zapier.com/developer/ and add your logo, app title etc
- You can start using the App! Head over to: https://zapier.com/app/editor
Setting up your environment
We have included a file name
.env.example. - copy the contents of this file and place it in a new file called
.env (alternatively, you can simply rename the example file).
This Envrionment file contains the variables that are used throughout the codebase. Make sure each variable has a value otherwise tests and deployment will fail.
- HOLLY_ENDPOINT - Should be the absolute URL to your api endpoint your white label (don't add a trailing slash)
- HOLLY_TEST_API_KEY - The API key you have generated from a user account on your system.
- HOLLY_TEST_TEAM_ID - The ID of a team you are a member of (for the above user).
- HOLLY_TEST_CATEGORY_ID - The ID of the Post Planner category you want to add any test posts to.
- HOLLY_TEST_MEDIA_URL - This is the media file that will be used for a variety of tests in the system. You can keep it as it is (the Holly Social logo) or change it to any absolute URL.
HOLLY_ENDPOINT=https://www.yourdomain.com/api HOLLY_TEST_API_KEY=QXpofdZuEgPmcNe4S82hLbt7zFUyhv7dto0DzdfoLqgvy95b5ZsufBaiXEhEYh HOLLY_TEST_TEAM_ID=15 HOLLY_TEST_CATEGORY_ID=6087e999-3d6d-46d3-b4fb-ab1c0e12b924 HOLLY_TEST_MEDIA_URL=https://holly.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/_test-files/logo-square-1024.png
Setting up your environment on Zapier
The .env file is for running the app locally - you must also define the ENV variables on the Zapier servers.
Simply run (replacing the URL with your endpoint)
zapier env 1.0.0 HOLLY_ENDPOINT "https://app.chooseholly.com/api"
zapier help env