This is Mark – a Markdown-powered text editor for fast and uninterrupted writing.
- Converts Markdown while you’re typing
- Text design is managed through extensible CSS themes
- Browser-based, responsive and also available offline (using Application Cache)
- Changes are saved automatically (via localStorage)
- Suggests synonyms upon selecting a word (this feature is available in multiple languages)
- Exports to various file formats, including sending the file by email
- Supports drag & drop
- Unobtrusive, minimal interface
- No registration
You don't need to install anything – Mark runs right in your browser. Just head over to the project page and give it a try!
If you're interested in how Mark has been built you might also want check out the development journal. It's quite a long read though, so be warned!
Built upon greatness
Mark makes use of the following open source projects:
- marked – a Markdown parser by @chjj
- jsPDF – a client-side PDF generator by @MrRio
- The OpenOffice dictionaries
- Sinonimi – a PHP script to search for synonyms in the OpenOffice dictionaries
- PHPMailer – a PHP class for sending mails
You can contribute to the project by:
- Reporting bugs
- Creating a custom theme
- Help translating (for that, check out the languages that are already available)