0.0.18-alpha1 release 2019-06-04
Holochain is working toward maturity, and in so doing, is coming to a better understanding of how our code should be organized. We’ve separated the networking repo into its own package, which improves maintainability and speeds up automatic build/test times. This week also brings some low-level features that have no immediate impact on your developer experience, but have big implications for the future. Lastly, we improved error messaging around a previously obscure, but commonly experienced issue.
- Architecture/Testing: Signals Updates and Preparing for Changes to DNA Testing
- Debugging: Helpful Contextual Logging To
- Internals: Crypto Library Moved Out Of Repository
- Challenges: Responding To Incoming Needs
This release consists of binary builds of:
To install, simply download and extract the binary for your platform.
See our installation quick-start instructions for details.
Rust and NodeJS are both required for
hc to build and test DNA:
- Must be
nightly-2019-01-24build with the WASM build target.
Once you have first installed rustup:
rustup toolchain install nightly-2019-01-24 rustup default nightly-2019-01-24 rustup target add wasm32-unknown-unknown --toolchain nightly-2019-01-24
- Node.js version 8 or higher
- For further info, check out the holochain-nodejs module
Download only the binaries for your operating system.
- mingw build system:
- Visual Studio build system:
All binaries are for 64-bit operating systems.
32-bit systems are NOT supported.