Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
0.0.3 Developer Preview release 2019-01-15
With this third developer preview release we crossed a number of important milestones:
- Networking now works. Nodes can connect to each-other using our n3h networking component.
- The developer and production tooling that instantiates and runs holochain DNA, both for development and production, have made great leaps.
See the change log for further details.
This release consists of binary builds of the
hc development command-line tool and
holochain_container deployment container for different platforms. To install simply download and extract the binary for your platform, an make sure you also have zmq installed. See our installation quick-start instructions for details.
Note that for
hc to build and test DNA for you will also need to make sure you have both Rust and nodejs installed:
- needs to be the
nightlybuild, so use the following commands, once you have first installed Rust
rustup toolchain install nightly
rustup default nightly
- Also, if you are going to be developing Zomes in Rust, install the WASM build target for Rust, by running:
rustup target add wasm32-unknown-unknown --toolchain nightly
- needs to be the
- Node.js version 8 or higher
- To read further, check out the holochain-nodejs module
You only need to download the binaries for your operating system... if you are on
- MacOS use holochain-cmd-v0.0.3-x86_64-apple-darwin.tar.gz
- Linux use holochain-cmd-v0.0.3-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz
- mingw build system: holochain-cmd-v0.0.3-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu.tar.gz
- visual studio build system: holochain-cmd-v0.0.3-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc.tar.gz
Note that these binaries only work for 64 bit computers and operating systems, 32 bit systems will need to build from source.