This release contains only very few changes to Holoscape itself
- CMD+Q on macOS now works without errors
- It shows a pop-up dialog if binaries are missing (which was a common pitfall when running Holoscape from source)
- The instance storage back-end can now be chosen when installing hApps (which is a conductor config setting per instance)
- A memory-leak got fixed
- The instance debug view is much more responsive and displays new available data from the conductor such as the DHT holding queue
There are major improvements to the included Holochain conductor
which is now at version 0.0.40-alpha-1.
- Lots of deadlocks have been fixed and thread-handling in general was revamped
- Several performance optimisations have been implemented
This release is much more stable and uses much less system resources (memory/CPU)!
Updating from an old version
If you ran v0.0.3-alpha before which included an older conductor version, you will probably see this panic in the log when trying to start the new version without clearing the config:
thread 'main' panicked at 'could not load DhtStoreSnapshot from content: SerializationError("missing field `holding_map` at line 1 column 410")', src/libcore/result.rs:1051:5 stack backtrace: 0: 0x55f0b75bf08b - backtrace::backtrace::libunwind::trace::hd4effc5cbc99af65 at /cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/backtrace-0.3.29/src/backtrace/libunwind.rs:88 1: 0x55f0b75bf08b - backtrace::backtrace::trace_unsynchronized::h389cccb5967fa3c2 at /cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/backtrace-0.3.29/src/backtrace/mod.rs:66 ....
Despite the error, you can open the Holoscape menu by clicking the system tray icon and then choosing:
Reveal config directory and then delete that old directory and start with a fresh installation.