feedshare.net is a service to share and discover OPML feed lists.
- Upload or link to OPML files
- Automatic updating linked sources
- Publishing with user defined slug
- Basic list search (author, title, tags)
- Tagged feeds and lists
- Clone repository
git clone http://github.com/holzenburg/feedshare
- Install dependencies (you might want a virtualenv)
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Initialize database
python manage.py syncdb
python manage.py migrate
- Run Django
These features would be quite nice to have. If somebody wants to work on them, please get in touch:
- Search: Implement a scalable search engine
- Discovery: Enhanced discovery features
For a list of python libraries, feedshare builds upon, see requirements.txt.
Brent Simmons, Author of NetNewsWire, MarsEdit, Glassboard and Vesper posted his OPML file, lamenting the lack of an OPML sharing service. That drove me to spend a weekend on Feedshare. Seemingly there is some interest in such a service. Alex Kessinger encouraged me to open source the code. I think that's a great idea and hope that others might want to help improving it and adding features.
Arne Holzenburg / @holzenburg
This project is licensed under MIT.