Home Assistant Add-on: File editor
Browser-based configuration file editor for Home Assistant.
The File editor, formerly known as Configurator, is a small web-app (you access it via web browser) that provides a filesystem-browser and text-editor to modify files on the machine the File editor is running on.
It is powered by Ace editor, which supports syntax highlighting for various code/markup languages. YAML files (the default language for Home Assistant configuration files) will be automatically checked for syntax errors while editing.
- Web-based editor to modify your files with syntax highlighting and YAML linting.
- Upload and download files.
- Stage, stash and commit changes in Git repositories, create and switch between branches, push to remotes, view diffs.
- Lists with available entities, triggers, events, conditions and services.
- Restart Home Assistant directly with the click of a button. Reloading groups, automations, etc. can be done as well. An API password is required.
- Direct links to Home Assistant documentation and icons.
- Execute shell commands within the add-on container.
- Editor settings are saved in your browser.
- And much more…