Home Assistant Add-on: Samba share
Share your configuration over the network using Windows file sharing.
This Add-on allows you to enable file sharing across different operating systems over a network. It lets you access your config files with Windows and macOS devices.
Follow these steps to get the add-on installed on your system:
- Navigate in your Home Assistant frontend to Supervisor -> Add-on Store.
- Find the "Samba share" add-on and click it.
- Click on the "INSTALL" button.
How to use
- In the configuration section, set a username and password.
- Save the configuration.
- Start the add-on.
- Check the add-on log output to see the result.
workgroup: WORKGROUP username: homeassistant password: YOUR_PASSWORD interface: '' allow_hosts: - 10.0.0.0/8 - 172.16.0.0/12 - 192.168.0.0/16 veto_files: - "._*" - ".DS_Store" - Thumbs.db
Change WORKGROUP to reflect your network needs.
The username you would like to use to authenticate with the Samba server.
The password that goes with the username configured for authentication.
The network interface Samba should listen on for incoming connections. This option should only be used in advanced cases. In general, setting this option is not needed.
List of hosts/networks allowed to access the shared folders.
List of files that are neither visible nor accessible. Useful to stop clients
from littering the share with temporary hidden files
.DS_Store or Windows
You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Discord Chat Server.
- The Home Assistant Community Forum.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
In case you've found a bug, please open an issue on our GitHub.