PaperFold is a simple iOS control that allows hiding of views on the left and right side of the screen by dragging the middle view. The left view supports only 1 fold. The right view supports variable number of folds.
During folding, a screen capture of the left/right view is taken, and split up depending on the number of folds required. The virtual light source is on the right side of the screen, so surfaces that faces the left are darker. For the right multi-fold view, the fold closes to the 'force' are opened up faster than the folds that is further away.
A sample project is included.
Refer to this link for a video showing the prototype of an app that I was working on. In the end, the proposed project was never completed because I could not obtained reliable data for the app, but I intend to use it for another app.
The animation here looks a bit laggy, but that's because of the low frame rates in GIF.
1) Subclass PaperFoldViewController in the view controller that will be using the left/right fold views.
2) To set left view, use setLeftFoldContentView:. Example below uses a UITableView, but it can any UIView.
_leftTableView = [[UITableView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0,0,100,[self.view bounds].size.height)]; [self setLeftFoldContentView:_leftTableView];
3) To set the right view, use setRightFoldContentView:rightViewFoldCount:rightViewPullFactor:. Example below uses a MKMapView, but it can any UIView. The fold count is the number of folds in the right view. The pull factor controls the ratio of folding/unfolding of the different folds away from the center.
_mapView = [[MKMapView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectMake(0,0,240,[self.view bounds].size.height)]; [self setRightFoldContentView:_mapView rightViewFoldCount:3 rightViewPullFactor:0.9];
4) Sometimes you may want to disable drag-to-unfold if you have a table view in the center view and wish to preserve the swipe gesture functions e.g. to delete cells.
// this disables dragging to unfold the left view [self setEnableLeftFoldDragging:NO]; // this disables dragging to unfold the right view [self setEnableRightFoldDragging:NO];
5) To unfold left view without dragging
6) To unfold right view without dragging
7) To restore view to center without dragging
This project uses ARC. If you are not using ARC in your project, add '-fobjc-arc' as a compiler flag for all the files in this project.
Isolate the left-center-middle view from the UIViewController Add folds to top and bottom view
Screen capture of MKMapView is iOS6 is not taken properly. I approached a few Apple engineers at WWDC, and was told that it is most likely a bug that need to fix. I have already filed a bug report (filed as rdar://11813051, closed by Apple because it is a duplicate of rdar://11650331). Hopefully it will be fixed soon.