This is the repo of materials for "Interfacing EnergyPlus using R" workshop. Slides are available online via: https://hongyuanjia.github.io/eplusrIntro.
This is a half-day hands on workshop on eplusr. You will learn how to read, parse, modify EnergyPlus IDF and EPW files, conduct parametric simulations and collect results directly in R.
This workshop assumes that you already have basic knowledge of R and EnergyPlus.
- A recent version of R (>=v3.2) is required, which is available for free at cran.r-project.org
- A recent version of RStudio IDE is recommended, available for free at www.rstudio.com/download, or use your own flavored R IDE.
- The current latest stable version of eplusr, which can be install via:
- In the workshop, EnergyPlus v8.8 is used. It is suggested to install
EnergyPlus before the workshop since downloading it during the workshop may
take time. You can do this using eplusr:
# On Windows, this requires R running with administrative privileges on Windows. # On OSX and Linux, admin authorization is automatically prompted eplusr::install_eplus(8.8) # OR download the installer and then follow instructions on https://energyplus.net/downloads eplusr::download_eplus(8.8, dir = "directory_to_save")
- In the workshop,
tidyversepackage is also needed for data analysis. You can install it via:
- Clone this repo to your computer. You can do this by clicking the
Clone or downloadbutton above.
Interfacing EnergyPlus using R by Hongyuan Jia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.