State of Documentation
This documentation is currently work in progress. We are constantly working and reworking certain parts of our documentation for the first final release of hoodie.
Please see the https://github.com/hoodiehq/documentation/issues/87 for the roadmap. If you need any help, feel free to add comments with questions.
Support the Team
Your contribution can be various. Tutorials, screencasts, code examples or official hoodie techdocs. We'd be happy to have you! <3
If you want to join our great Hoodie-Docs-Team and help us ship this, ping us on
Running the doc site locally
The docs are a
gh-pages site and run on Jekyll, so you'll need that for development. Installation instructions for Jekyll are here. Once you've got Jekyll installed on your system, serve the docs with
$ jekyll serve
That will host the docs at http://127.0.0.1:4000/.
Note: We're in the process of refactoring the stylesheets for docs (and for the rest of the hood.ie websites, too), so please forgive us if those are currently unclear.
…is done with prism, and is pretty straightforward. You can defined a code block in both markdown or HTML, like this:
In Markdown, with the triple-backtick-block. Append the language to the opening backticks.
In HTML, with a
<pre><code> block. Add the language to the
code element as a class with the
Note that the language identifier for HTML is not
markup. We support currently support
External Resources of Documentation
- How to Deploy Hoodie (https://github.com/hoodiehq/my-first-hoodie/blob/master/deployment.md)
- How to Write Plugins for Hoodie (https://github.com/hoodiehq/hoodie-plugin-tutorial)
- Using Hoodie by Todo Examples (https://github.com/snnd/todomvc-on-hoodie)
If you want to translate the content in your language, please copy the
en folder in root and change the
locales in your language (e.g. french = fr). Make sure to name your folder the same.
Menu + nav
The Menu and the navigation are generated dynamically. All you have to do is to set the locales in your page and make sure you have translated all the strings. All the strigs are translated in the
Always change the 'locales' from en to your language e.g. fr. This is also needed for the right path.
If you add new content to the page, make sure to:
- add it in your language folder
- add the link in the menu
- add translations to the config (not for all languages, but include the structure to all. Please leave the to translated String empty)
- create an issue for the other languages seperatelly and point out exactly what you added, so the person responsible for an other specific language can translate the content.
Please do NOT change the content / navigation / menu structure without talking to @zoepage or creating an issue and discussing it there first.
Thank you! < 3