Cracking the Data Science Interview
This repository contains resources to prepare for a data science interview, as well as resources to navigate the interview process. These resources were created to supplement the O'Reilly video course: Cracking the Data Science Interview.
What is in Here
This repository contains the following files:
The corresponding videos can be found on the following sites for purchase:
And/or please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly via email at email@example.com or over twitter @clearspandex
If you would like to contribute, please fork this repository and submit a pull request
What You Will Learn
- How to prepare for a data science interview
- Am I ready to Apply?
- Necessary theory background
- Necessary coding background
- The data science interview process
- What role is best for me
- Getting Interviews
- The interview funnel
- Better application techniques
- Crafting your pitch
- Reaching out and sourcing contacts
- Journey of an Alumnus (of the Galvanize Data Science program)
- Mock interviews
- Negotiation for Data Scientists
- Knowing what you are worth
- Negotiation strategies 101
- How to evaluate offers
Who Should Watch the Videos
- Aspiring Data Scientists who are eager to learn what skills they need to begin applying to data science jobs.
- Experienced Data scientists who already feel they have the requisite theory and coding background and want a structured approach to applying for their next job.