This is a simple ansible role which offers the following features:
- create a user
multimedia, with it’s own home and group
- configure that user such that it always has a user session
- run a pulseaudio in that user session
- make that pulseaudio offer network services
- Everything is hardcoded (I accept PRs to change that!)
- Upon change of any configuration, the pulseaudio daemon is not restarted or anything. I don’t know how to fix this (it runs in a user systemd), PRs appreciated.
- While the unit files for socket activation are in this repository, I had to disable it; Pulseaudio 5.0 (which ships with debian jessie) cannot into socket activation yet.
License and attributions
It is made for my own use, so no warranties or anything. It works on my Debian 8 deployment. Feel free to use this for your own configuration or make pull requests to make it more generic. See the LICENSE file for copying information (spoiler: GPLv3).
This ansible role is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.