Using this application you can track your tasks and the amount of time spent on each one of them. There are two pages: Tracker and Logs. In Tracker page, you can start the time tracker and submit a new task with a description and date/time. Using the Logs page, you can see all the logs (tasks) you've submitted.
- [Optional] Apache v2.4+ or Nginx v1.12.2+
- PHP v7.1.3+
- MySQL v5.7+ or MariaDB v10.1+
- Composer v1.6.4+
.env file (or copy the
env.dist file and rename to
.env) and update the following line:
db_userwith your database username.
db_passwordwith your database password.
db_namewith your database name.
- If you're using a different host and port for MySQL/MariaDB, change them accordingly.
To configure the tests database, edit
phpunit.xml.dist and change this line just like above:
<env name="DATABASE_URL" value="mysql://db_user:email@example.com:3306/db_name" />
Run the following commands in the root folder of this web application:
$ composer install $ php bin/console doctrine:migrations:migrate $ php bin/console doctrine:fixtures:load
In order to run the application, you can run the following command in the same folder:
$ php bin/console server:start
Then open your web browser and go to
http://localhost:8000/. The other option is to setup your web server and configure it, and then run the application using the web server. For more information please see Configuring a Web Server.
Run the following command in root folder, in order to run the unit tests:
- How much time you spent for this assignment? 6 hours (including learning curves, documenting and testing).
- What did/didn't you like about this project? Working with a new tech stack was a fun experience.
- What would you have done differently, if you had had more time? Add i18n support; Add sort options for Logs section, etc.
- With which parts of your application are you satisfied? Both the Tracker and Logs section.
- Which would need improvement? I think the ReactJS components needs further refinements.