Convo is a tiny conversation tree interface in Node.js
What it do
- Runs a JSON representation of a conversation tree as a multiple-choice dialog, Adventure Game style
- check out the examples directory for what the format looks like
- there's also a macruby script provided (in /script) that will take a hierarchical graph from Omnigraffle and turn it into the correct JSON
- with convo, adventure game dialog is you!
- Nothing else
How it run
First install dependencies:
Then pass it a JSON file:
node convo examples/dialogue_tree.json
You can then either type you responses out, or enter in the corresponding digit.
Generate your own dialog trees
- In omnigraffle, make a new doc from the "hierarchical" template.
- Make sure you have MacRuby installed (it is a Ruby for Scottish people)
- the script will pull the data out of the foremost document open in graffle- no file paths required!
- you'll find your translated JSON file in the convo root dir