Get started with your favorite technology
In the following section, you can choose from one of the many hands-on tutorials we created for you. All tutorials will start from scratch and teach you how to build a fully-fledged Hackernews clone. Depending on what you want to learn, you can either choose a tutorial from the frontend or the backend tracks.
Build your own GraphQL server
Choose your favorite programming language to get started with GraphQL on the server-side:
- Node.js (Beginners Choice): This tutorial uses the graphql-js reference implementation. You'll build a GraphQL server using Node.js, the graphql-yoga server library and Prisma.
- Ruby: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Ruby with this tutorial based on the graphql-ruby library.
- Java: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Java with this tutorial based on the graphql-java library.
- Elixir: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Elixir with this tutorial based on the Absinthe library.
- Python: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Python with this tutorial based on the Graphene library.
- Scala: Learn how to build a GraphQL server in Scala with this tutorial based on the Sangria library.
Learn how to use GraphQL on the frontend
Here's an overview of the frontend tutorials we offer:
- React & Apollo (Beginners Choice): If you're new to GraphQL, this is the tutorial for you. Apollo Client makes it super easy to get started with GraphQL on the frontend by providing a flexible, yet powerful and intuitive API that gives you everything you need when developing applications.
Contribute a Tutorial
Don't find the tutorial with your favorite technology? Maybe you want to contribute and create it yourself? Get in touch!