Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- fix lseek positioning when overwriting an existing file with data from a newer source file when using dsync --contents
- dchmod: added --owner option to change user on files
- dchmod: fixed bug when using 'a' option in symbolic notation
- dcmp: added expressions to compare permissions and ACL on files
- dcp: fix bug that prevented some subdirectories from being created
- dcp1: original dcp from LANL, may be faster than dcp for directory trees with lots of small files, a similar algorithm to be merged into dcp in future release
- dfilemaker: updated to create multiple directory levels, files of different sizes with random content, and symlinks
- dfilemaker1: dfilemaker from v0.7, to be merged into dfilemaker in future release
- dstripe: added support for Lustre 2.5
- dsync: new tool to synchronize one directory tree with another (good for backups or completing partial copies)
- libmfu: added API calls to define new list elements and set their properties
- libmfu: added function to write file list to text file
New experimental tools (work in progress):
- dbz2: compress a single file with bz2
- dfind: filter file lists with find-like tests
- dgrep: parallel grep
- dtar: parallel tar (incomplete)
- dtar uses libarchive that assumes a single process is writing the tar archive. It likely will generate corrupt tar archives if run with more than one process. This will be fixed in a future release.
- The binary format for reading and writing filelists to files uses MPI I/O external32 data representation. This has proved to be buggy across MPI implementations. In a future release, mpiFileUtils will be changed to read/write these files with POSIX I/O. If a work around is needed, one may change "external32" to "native" in src/common/mfu_flist_io.c.
- dsync --contents has a bug when computing its offset during lseek for overwriting an existing file (fixed in v0.8.1)
- Requires update of DTCMP from v1.0.3 to v1.1.0 for new DTCMP_Segmented_scanv/exscanv calls.
- dbcast: now creates destination directory before broadcasting file
- dbcast: added --size option to set file segment size
- dchmod: process umask if user provides no ugoa letter in symbolic notation
- dcmp: added --sync option to synchronize source and target directory trees
- dsh: added support for wildcard filters, limit ls output to 100 items by default
- dsh: added --output and --file options to save modified flist on exit
- dstripe: now recursively processes files under a directory
- dstripe: added --report to print file striping info
- dstripe: added --count and --size options to set stripe parameters
- dstripe: added --minsize option to only process files above a certain size
- libmfu: moved copy logic from dcp to new mfu_flist_copy routine
- libmfu: write flist cache files using multiple stripes, one per MPI rank
- configure: fixed --enable-experimental builds
- using an input list with dcp is broken in v0.7, but this is patched on the main branch
This is an intermediate release along the roadmap for v1.0.
- dchmod: added dchmod to set access permissions and group
- added node2 test suite and integrated with travis.ci
- dcmp: parallelized compare for large data files (now in addition to large directories)
- dcp: promote dcp2 to dcp, renamed dcp to dcp1
- renamed common library from libbayer to libmfu (mpiFileUtils)
- moved significant code to libmfu
- numerous bugs fixes and other enhancements
- A basic system for building man pages.
- Configure time options to enable or disable experimental utilities.
- Many small documentation fixes.
- Initial travis-ci configuration.
- Minor build warning fixes.
- Initial stubs for nose test suite and dfilemaker.