Conference call notes 20140417
Clone this wiki locally
(back to Conference calls)
Notes on the 10th EasyBuild conference call, Thursday Apr. 17th 2014 (3pm - 3.30pm CET)
- follow link in "Video calls" section on EasyBuild community Google+ page
Alphabetical list of attendees (4):
- Petar Forai (GMI, Austria)
- Fotis Georgatos (University of Luxembourg)
- Kenneth Hoste (HPC-UGent, Belgium)
- Ward Poelmans (UGent, Belgium)
- better organize reviewing and testing of (easyconfigs) pull requests (Kenneth)
- more frequent releases of easyconfigs?
- is of little value, EasyBuild doesn't care where easyconfigs are located (they don't need to be part of a release)
- separate pool of new easyconfigs that are not part of a release yet (or maybe not even merged yet in
- in an 'experimental' branch
-—searchaware of it
- make handling of pull requests easier for the release
- list of lieutenants: Petar, Ward, Pablo, Fotis, Jens
- requires some scripting
- code style => make it part of unit test suite
- test report, collects metadata, push result in PR (hub wrapper helps?)
- guidelines for:
- opening a PR: build works, # files, etc.
- reviewing a PR
- automate testing of the builds, via Jenkins
- attention point during next hackathon?
- recursive try would be tremendously valuable
- but will also result in lots of new easyconfigs...
- easyconfig format v2 will help a lot, but not fully finished yet