Common tools used within our organization. Originally created by the HPC team of Ghent University (http://ugent.be/hpc).
Namespaces and tools
python utilities to be used as libraries
- fancylogger: an extention of the default python logger designed to be easy to use and have a
- custom specifiers for mpi loggin (the mpirank) with autodetection of mpi
- custom specifier for always showing the calling function's name
- rotating file handler
- a default formatter.
- logging to an UDP server (logdaemon.py f.ex.)
- easily setting loglevel
- daemon.py : Daemon class written by Sander Marechal (http://www.jejik.com) to start a python script as a daemon.
- missing.py: Small functions and tools that are commonly used but not available in the Python (2.x) API.
cache.py : File cache to store pickled data identified by a key accompanied by a timestamp.(moved to vsc-utils)
- generaloption.py : A general option parser for python. It will fetch options (in this order) from config files, from environment variables and from the command line and parse them in a way compatible with the default python optionparser. Thus allowing a very flexible way to configure your scripts. It also adds a few other useful extras.
- affinity.py : Linux cpu affinity.
- Based on
- see man pages for
- also provides a
cpusetclass to convert between human readable cpusets and the bit version Linux priority
- Based on sys/resources.h and bits/resources.h see man pages for
- Based on
- asyncprocess.py : Module to allow Asynchronous subprocess use on Windows and Posix platforms
- Based on a python recipe by Josiah Carlson
- added STDOUT handle and recv_some
- daemon.py : A generic daemon class by Sander Marechal
- dateandtime.py : A module with various convenience functions and classes to deal with date, time and timezone.
- nagios.py : This module provides functionality to cache and report results of script executions that can readily be interpreted by nagios/icinga.
- run.py : Python module to execute a command, can make use of asyncprocess, answer questions based on a dictionary
- supports a whole lot of ways to input, process and output the command. (filehandles, PIPE, pty, stdout, logging...)
- mail.py : Wrapper around the standard Python mail library.
- Send a plain text message
- Send an HTML message, with a plain text alternative
A collection of python scripts, these are examples of how you could use fancylogger to log to a daemon, but should not be used directly.
- logdaemon.py: A daemon that listens on a port for udp packets and logs them to file, works toghether with fancylogger.
- startlogdaemon.py : Script that will start the logdaemon for you and set environment variables for fancylogger.
vsc-base is made available under the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL) version 2 or any later version.
vsc-base was created with support of Ghent University, the Flemish Supercomputer Centre (VSC), the Flemish Research Foundation (FWO), and the Department of Economy, Science and Innovation (EWI).