How To Test Patches
Clone this wiki locally
** How to test patches posted by someone somewhere**
Let say that David asks you to pull the branch called exodus-II from git://github.com/andrsd/hermes2d.git and review.
First, add the remote link to David's repo by typing:
git remote add david git://github.com/andrsd/hermes2d.git
Then, create in your repo a new local branch where the patches will be tested.
Assuming that you are in your master branch, type:
git co -b test-david
Then, fetch David's repo by typing:
git fetch david
How to push into the repository on spilka
git remote add write spilka.math.unr.edu:/home/git/repos/hermes2d.git git push --d write local_branch:master check that all is ok and then: git push write local_branch:master
How to add a new Git repository to spilka
0) add the git repo (just the bare git repo) into /home/git/repos: git clone --bare name_of_the_new_git_repo.git
1) visudo # edit the visudo file, add there two more lines for the new # git repo, just copy and adapt the lines already there
2) copy and adapt the hooks/post-update hook. For example: cp ../libfemhub.git/hooks/post_update hooks/ vim hooks/post-update
and adapt the file to the new repo
3) touch git-daemon-export-ok sh hooks/post-update (not as root)
if this does not work, then run it as sudo
4) add a link to /var/cache/git/ ln -s /home/git/repos/name_of_the_new_repo.git .
If you want to push in there from any computer, do: git remote add write spilka.math.unr.edu:/home/git/repos/name_of_the_new_repo.git
Next, merge the branch of interest into your local branch: git merge david/exodus-II
That's it. You can now type "cmake .", "make", and test if everything works.