This is the public source repository for WireThePlanet
This is the complete code and markup used to generate http://wiretheplanet.com . Much of the code and markup on the production site has been minified and compressed. If you are interested in any of it, this is the place to look.
The code makes use of
- HTML5 Boilerplate http://html5boilerplate.com/
- Sass http://sass-lang.com/
- compass http://compass-style.org/
- compass fancy-hover https://gist.github.com/959764
A few of the apps I used for local development were
- GIT http://git-scm.com/
- Sublime Text 2 http://www.sublimetext.com/
- CodeKit http://incident57.com/codekit/
- MAMP http://www.mamp.info/
/cgi-bin/github.pl - This is used to automatically deploy changes on the production server via a service hook when we push to the github repository. It was written as a perl script because that was the easiest way to get the code to execute as the correct user.
index.html makes use of a cache-busting technique via .htaccess as outlined in HTML5 Boilerplate http://html5boilerplate.com/ that will likely not render correctly on your machine without running the site via Apache. You can get around this by changing the CSS and JS links from css/screen.number.css -> css/screen.css and js/scriptWTP.number.js -> js/scriptWTP.js.
Questions or comments? - Feel free to email me - Hunter@WireThePlanet.com.