Processing JS Studies with CouchDB Storage
Use this browser-based application to create and render Processing programming language documents - 'sketches' - that have non-repeatable, randomized elements of form, shape, color and/or animation. Both the Processing sketches and rendered results are served and stored with CouchDB.
Demo: http://processing-js-studio.couch.io/demo/_design/processing-js-studio/index.html processing-js-studio / jquery
Admittedly this is software by me for me. I use Processing as a tool to inspire and construct offline paintings. I was looking for a way to iterate over Processing sketches with randomized elements and store the renderings that I liked. The Processing IDE is a little cumbersome in this regard, so I built this tool to help solve the problem. Oh and plus I enjoy hacking with neat new stuff.
Installation and Usage
- Make sure the requirements are all installed
- Define your CouchDB backend settings in .couchapprc
- Deploy with
- Navigate to the URL shown in the output of the above command
- Upload some Processing sketches by clicking on the 'Manage' sketches link
- Refactor: move logic to Sammy ap
- Code editing (bespin)
- Share renderings via bit.ly
- Endless pagination
- Start/stop animated documents
- Proportions alteration
- Port the whole thing in a canvas element?