Clone this wiki locally
HTML Parser for RubyA Fast, Enjoyable
Hpricot is a very flexible HTML parser, based on Tanaka Akira’s HTree and John Resig’s jQuery, but with the scanner recoded in C. I’ve borrowed (what I believe to be) the best ideas from these wares to make Hpricot heaps of fun to use.
# load the Family guy's home page require "hpricot" # need hpricot and open-uri require "open-uri" doc = Hpricot(open("http://www.fox.com/familyguy/index.htm")) # change the CSS class on list element ul (doc/"ul.site-nav").set("class", "new-site-nav") # remove the header (doc/"#header").remove # print the altered HTML puts doc
A Proper Start
- Installing Hpricot, both stable and development versions.
- An Hpricot Showcase with recipes for most common things.
- Wonder what’s happening? Check the commit list.
- See hpricot.com for interactive demos
- Hpricot mailing list: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for information