An extendable Joomla! component for integrating Google Maps Locations. Location entries, location profile pages, location search, geolocation distance search, Google Maps module, customization options, etc… More than just maps: A reliable extension for building your own plattform or community based on Google Maps.
Main Features / Backend Features:
- Simple location management by filterable backend tables
- Different field types for various locations
- Custom fields support
- Integration of the Joomla Media Manager, linking locations with images
- Validate addresses via the backend (geocoding of the address)
- Address validation for more than 250 countries
- Multilingual (actual en-GB and de-DE, more languages can be easily implemented via language files or language overrides)
- Categories for locations (integrated Joomla Category component)
- Custom CSS, mobile ready and responsive
- Support all major web browsers
- Location directory with detailed information and profile pages
- Profile pages linked to the map (markers and info boxes)
- Search and filter locations
- Distance display (miles or kilometers)
- AJAX „load more“
Profile pages for individual map locations
- Profile details
- Highlight options and custom category labels
- DD Improved Hits Counter (one view per IP-address per day)
- Customize URL alias
- Linked to the map
and much more...
Build your platform which meets to your needs. The component can be extended by various modules. (e.g. place locations on a map separate from the location register or place a search field on your website that is directly linked to the component.)
- Geolocalisation function
- Google search suggestions
- Location category filter
- Map in Popup (full size PopUp)
- Customizable markers, cluster markers and info box (PopUp by click on map)
- Adjustable map size, position and zoom level
Further modules on request!
The function of the component can be also extended by various plugins, which can provide huge functions. (e.g. connect Joomla user profiles to the map or place a activity stream at that pages to build your own maps community.)
- Connect any extension like (com_content, com_k2, com_seblod etc..) or any custom extensin which follows the Joomla routing system.
- Note: This requires the DD GMaps Locations Component and a DD_GMaps_Locations_ext_c System Plugin for the extension to connect. Ext C Plugins can be available at our github account for some 3rd party extensions we have already connected or if not available, a plugin for your extension can be mostly provided on paid request.
- Note: 3rd Party connect is BETA and experimental, we can just provide the plugins (Suggested for developers), support on paid request via https://www.hr-it-solutions.com/en/contact
Further plugins on request!
Errors and technical modification subject to change.
It has been developed with
💚for Joomla Extension-/ Templatedevelopers. So it is just based on the nativ Joomla MVC Pattern. And it comes just with a minimal bootstrap design (but not required) to make it easy to extend, customizeable and itegrateable for your projects. The Software is licensenced under the GPLv2 only Permissions, so feel free for Commercial Use, Modification, Distribution as well as Private Use.
Note: This is just the component repository (com_gmaps_locations).
To get the component package, including required system plugins and required modules, you need the component package installer compilation. https://github.com/hr-it-solutions/DD_J_pkg_gmaps_locations_package
The Component package installer compilation contains:
- com_gmaps_locations GMaps Loctaions
- mod_gmaps_locations_searchfilter GMaps Loctaions Search Filter
- mod_gmaps_module GMaps Module
- plg_system_gmaps_locations_geocode GMaps Locations GeoCode
Joomla 3.6 +
PHP 5.6.13 or newer is recommended.
DD_ stands for Didldu a.k.a. HR-IT-Solutions GmbH (Brand recognition)
It is a namespace prefix, provided to avoid element name conflicts.
Author: HR-IT-Solutions GmbH Florian Häusler https://www.hr-it-solution.com
Copyright: (C) 2011 - 2018 HR-IT-Solutions GmbH
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html GNU/GPLv2 only