A server-side lua implementation of Natural Character Growth And Decay - MW by Greywander, for TES3MP.
- Requires DataManager!
- Existing, non-NCGD players are not supported!
- Your attributes grow automatically as your skills increase.
- Leveling happens automatically as attributes increase.
- Attribute modifier numbers and skill attributes (which skills increase which attributes) are fully configurable.
- Your attributes, level, and skills will also decay over time. (Optional)
- On death, the decay rate is accelerated. (Optional, with optional effect stacking)
Place this repo into your
Add the following to
... -- DataManager needs to before NCGD, like this DataManager = require("custom/DataManager/main") require("custom/ncgd-tes3mp/main")
DataManagerloads before this mod as seen above.
Optionally configure NCGD by editing the
CoreScripts/data/custom/__config_ncgdTES3MP.jsonfile (see below).
Differences from MWscript NCGD
- No mastery effects; skills can raise to whatever the server max values are without them.
- Scripts are not ran every frame or tick, but when
OnPlayerSkillfires (among other events used).
- There are no in-game player dialogue GUIs, and there is currently no way to migrate a non-NCGD player.
- There is presently no way to properly "convert" existing players to NCGD since I can't know what their starting attributes are.
- Decay rates are gotten from an individual player's in-game hours spent playing, not the total world time that's passed.
- This version is highly configurable; almost every value that matters is tweakable (see below).
- Optional decay acceleration when a player dies, that is optionally stackable if they keep dying (see below).
- In-game chat commands for recalculating things on the fly. Optionally for admins only (see below).
- No client plugin is needed.
Several commands are offered for recalculating data on the fly:
/ncgd health: Recalculates health (shortcut:
/ncgd recalcattrs: Recalculates all attributes from skill values (shortcut:
/ncgd reloadskilldata: Reloads NCGD's internal skill numbers from player data (shortcut:
/ncgd all: All of the above, in one
All commands have a configurable cooldown (see below).
- Attribute modifiers
Each attribute modifier is fully configurable. Look for the
modifiers key in the config file and edit to suit your needs. Default: what's in mwscript NCGD
- Skill Attributes
An array of strings. Indicates which attributes are affected by a particular skill's increase. Default: what's in mwscript NCGD
String. Message that's displayed to players when they reach the server's attribute cap. The string is passed to
string.format() with an attribute name as an argument. Default:
Your %s is being limited by otherworldly forces...
Integer. The number of seconds between commands. Default:
Boolean. Enables a period of accelerated decay after death. Default:
Integer. The number of in-game hours accelerated decay caused by death will last. Default:
Integer. The default decay rate is multipled by this value after death. Default:
Boolean. Controls whether decay acceleration increases will be stacked if multiple deaths occur before the duration expires. Default:
Integer. The minimum level a skill can decay to. Default:
String. Set the rate of skill decay:
Integer. Control the weight of each decay level. Default:
Boolean. Force load the related event hook for this mod in the event another one has disabled custom hooks. Default:
String. Set the rate of attribute growth:
Integers. Control the weight of each growth level. Default:
Boolean. Set whether or not health modifications should be applied. Default:
Integer. Set whether or not a level cap should be applied,
0 to disable. Default:
String. Message that's displayed to players when they reach the level cap. Default:
Your level is being held back by otherworldly forces...
String. Message that's displayed to players when they try to use a command but lack the required rank. Default:
This command requires admin privileges!
Integer. The player rank that's required to use commands. Default: