About this fork
The original box2d-js library is hosted on sourceforge. It seems to be currently unmaintained and uses the HTML5 Canvas element for display.
This fork has the following changes over the original:
- Spring Joint (simple version, suitable for simulation of soft bodies)
- Removed dependency on prototype.js
- Simple optimisations to core library
- Avoid frequent instantiations of b2Vec2
Features in the demo
Use of SVGs instead of Canvas
- Using jquery and jquery.svg
- only create a shape for the first time, then use transformations
- if static or sleeping then don't redraw
throttling of step size and inter-frame delays, to achieve a target FPS.
- a new demo scene called
dropto show off spring-joints.