Update Notifier for MATE
This little app brings back the old update-manager notification icon to the systray. It is not a feature-rich stuff, and highly depends on the update-manager itself. Just notifies you if you have any update.
This app is depends on following packages:
- update-manager (not only the update-manager-core!)
cmake . and
make install If there is no cmake installed in
your system you can also install the program with
make -f simple.make install
command however this solution is not able to check existence of dependencies.
TODO and known issues
- Currently it does not supports display if a restart is required
- Checks are issued in every 300 seconds and not configurable (hard-coded)
- No difference in icon if a security update is available
- It should support performing
apt-get updatebut it needs a credential...
Licensing & Copyright
This project is licenced under the terms of CreativeCommons BY-NC-SA 3.5 Unported License. Some rights reserved.
Copyright (c) Gabor Garami 2015