Cheminformatics (also known as chemoinformatics, chemioinformatics and chemical informatics) is the use of computer and informational techniques applied to a range of problems in the field of chemistry.— Wikipedia
A curated list of awesome Cheminformatics software, resources, and libraries. Mostly command line based, and free or open-source. Please feel free to contribute !
- See Also
- PyMOL - Python-enhanced molecular graphics tool.
- Jmol - Browser-based HTML5 viewer and stand-alone Java viewer for chemical structures in 3D.
- VMD - Molecular visualization program for displaying, animating, and analyzing large biomolecular systems using 3-D graphics and built-in scripting.
- Chimera - Highly extensible program for interactive molecular visualization and analysis.
Command Line Tools
- Open Babel - Chemical toolbox designed to speak the many languages of chemical data.
- MayaChemTools - Collection of Perl and Python scripts, modules, and classes that support day-to-day computational discovery needs.
- AutoDock Vina - Molecular docking and virtual screening.
- smina - Customized AutoDock Vina to better support scoring function development and high-performance energy minimization.
- RDKit - Collection of cheminformatics and machine-learning software written in C++ and Python.
- Indigo - Universal molecular toolkit that can be used for molecular fingerprinting, substructure search, and molecular visualization written in C++ package, with Java, C#, and Python wrappers.
- CDK (Chemistry Development Kit) - Algorithms for structural chemo- and bioinformatics, implemented in Java.
- ChemmineR - Cheminformatics package for analyzing drug-like small molecule data in R.
- standardiser - Tool designed to provide a simple way of standardising molecules as a prelude to e.g. molecular modelling exercises.
- MolVS - Molecule validation and standardization based on RDKit.
- JChemPaint - Chemical 2D structure editor application/applet based on the Chemistry Development Kit.
- rdeditor - Simple RDKit molecule editor GUI using PySide.
- mordred - Molecular descriptor calculator based on RDKit.
- mol2vec - Vector representations of molecular substructures.
- Align-it - Align molecules according their pharmacophores.
- DeepChem - Democratizing deep learning for Chemistry.
- webchem - Chemical Information from the Web.
- PubChemPy - Python wrapper for the PubChem PUG REST API.
- ChemSpiPy - Python wrapper for the ChemSpider API.
- CIRpy - Python wrapper for the NCI Chemical Identifier Resolver (CIR).
- Beaker - RDKit and OSRA in the Bottle on Tornado.
- razi - Cheminformatic extension for the SQLAlchemy database.
- Gromacs - Molecular dynamics package mainly designed for simulations of proteins, lipids and nucleic acids.
- OpenMM - High performance toolkit for molecular simulation including extensive language bindings for Python, C, C++, and even Fortran.
- MDTraj - Analysis of molecular dynamics trajectories.
- cclib - Parsers and algorithms for computational chemistry logfiles.
- Learncheminformatics.com - "Cheminformatics: Navigating the world of chemical data" courese at Indiana University.
- cheminfoeducation - A YouTube channel for cheminformatics education.
- Open Source Molecular Modeling - Updateable catalog of open source molecular modeling software.
- PubChem Blog - News, updates and tutorials about PubChem.
- The ChEMBL-og blog - Stories and news from Computational Chemical Biology Group at EMBL-EBI.
- ChEMBL blog - ChEMBL on GitHub.
- SteinBlog - Blog of Christoph Steinbeck, who is the head of cheminformatics and metabolism at the EMBL-EBI.
- Practical Cheminformatics - Blog with in-depth examples of practical application of cheminformatics.
- So much to do, so little time - Trying to squeeze sense out of chemical data - Bolg of Rajarshi Guha, who is a research scientist at NIH Center for Advancing Translational Science. * Some old blogs 1 2.
- Noel O'Blog - Blog of Noel O'Boyle, who is a Senior Software Engineer at NextMove Software.
- chem-bla-ics - Blog of Egon Willighagen, who is an assistant professor at Maastricht University.
- Asad's Blog - Bolg of Syed Asad Rahman, who is a research scientist in the Thornton group at EMBL-EBI.
- steeveslab-blog - Some examples using RDKit.
- Macs in Chemistry - Provide a resource for chemists using Apple Macintosh computers.
- Computational Approaches in Cheminformatics and Bioinformatics - Include insights from public (NIH), academic, and industrial sources at the same time.
- Chemoinformatics for Drug Discovery - Materials about how to use Chemoinformatics strategies to improve drug discovery results.
- deeplearning-biology - Chemoinformatics and drug discovery section in deeplearning-biology repo.
- awesome-python-chemistry - Another list focuses on Python stuff related to Chemistry.