HTACG HTML Tidy
All other READMEs and related materials can be found in README/. Although all of our materials should be linked in this README, be sure to check this directory for documents we’ve not yet added to this document.
Building HTML Tidy
- For build instructions please see README/BUILD.md.
Branches and Versions
Learn about which branches are available, which branch you should use, and how HTML Tidy’s versioning scheme works.
- Learn about version numbering in README/VERSION.md.
- Learn about our repository branches in README/BRANCHES.md.
Contributing and Development Guides
We gladly accept PRs! Read about some of our contribution guidelines, and check out some of the additional explanatory documents that will aid your understanding of how to accomplish certain things in HTML Tidy.
General Contribution Guidelines
These are some general guidelines that will help you help us when it comes to making your own contributions to HTML Tidy.
- Learn about our contributing guidelines in README/CONTRIBUTING.md.
- Understand HTML Tidy’s source code style in README/CODESTYLE.md.
Adding Features Guides
When you’re ready to add a great new feature, these write-ups may be useful.
- Learn how to add new element attributes to HTML Tidy by reading README/ATTRIBUTES.md.
- Discover how to add new tags to Tidy in README/TAGS.md.
- If you want to add new messages to Tidy, read README/MESSAGE.md.
- Configuration options can be added according to README/OPTIONS.md.
- Pull Requests must pass all existing regression tests, or you must change existing regression test expectations with a good explanation. New features require that you add new regression tests. See README/TESTING.md for more details.
Language Localization Guides
Tidy supports localization, and welcomes translations into various languages. Please read up on how to localize HTML Tidy.
- The general README for localizing can be found in README/LOCALIZE.md.
- And localize/README.md contains specific instructions for localizing.
Other Important Links
- site: https://www.html-tidy.org/
- source: https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5
- binaries: https://binaries.html-tidy.org
- bugs: https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/issues
- list: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/html-tidy/
- api and quickref: https://api.html-tidy.org/
- Wikidata: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1566084
This repository should be considered canonical for HTML Tidy starting from 2015-January-15.
This repository originally transferred from w3c.github.com/tidy-html5, then redirected to the current site, but now dead.
First moved to Github from tidy.sourceforge.net. Note, this site is kept only for historic reasons, and is not now well maintained.
Tidy is the granddaddy of HTML tools, with support for modern standards. Have fun...
HTML Tidy and LibTidy are free and open source software with a permissive license.
- You can read the complete license in README/LICENSE.md.