Working with the Drafts
If you're an editor, or forking a copy of the draft, a few things to know:
- Pushing to the master branch will automatically generate the HTML on the gh-pages branch.
- You'll need xml2rfc, Java and Saxon-HE available. You can override the default locations in the environment.
- For some drafts, you will need kramdown-rfc2629
- Making the txt and html for the latest drafts is done with "make".
For those on OSX using Homebrew:
brew tap homebrew/dupes brew install saxon make ruby python gem install kramdown-rfc2629 pip install xml2rfc
saxon=/usr/local/bin/saxon gmake [target]
When you're ready to submit a new version of a draft:
git status<-- all changes should be committed and pushed.
Double-check the year on the date element to make sure it's current.
Check the "Changes" section for this draft to make sure it's appropriate (e.g., replace "None yet" with "None").
Submit draft-ietf-httpbis--NN to https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/
git tag draft-ietf-httpbis-<name>-NN;
git push --tags
Add "Since draft-ietf-httpbis--...-NN" subsection to "Changes".
Add/remove any "implementation draft" notices from the abstract.
- Some of the make targets (including
submit) require GNU Make 4.0