- Goals for upcoming releases. Up next: 3.0
- Proposals to change Hubot
- The process that governs the evolution of Hubot.
- Return the project to a “maintained” status by creating a core team, documenting all policies and processes, reviewing stale Issues and Pull Requests, and establishing a regular release cadence.
- Modernize the community by consolidating officially supported repositories into on GitHub organization, creating a place for users to get support and contributors to collaborate, improving contributor experience, and establishing this process for evolving Hubot going forward.
Commands: an explicit interface for exposing discrete pieces of functionality as an alternative to regular expressions (like Slack’s slash commands), along with an RPC spec and implementation for exposing commands to and consuming commands from other services.
Multiple adapters and archetypes: Adding support for multiple adapters in a single instance, and some notion of archetypes (chat, deployment, CI, github, etc) will allow Hubot scripts to become the glue between the various tools and systems in a developer's workflow.
GitHub integration: merge with @probot and build out first-class support for GitHub.
Improved chat client integration: slash commands, rich messages, and interactive scripts on platforms that support it.