- Available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id981716752?pt=117760826&ct=GitHub&mt=8.
- Always online at: http://pwapp.io.
- Based on https://github.com/simontabor/pw and outputs the same passwords.
- Big up to https://github.com/krzyzanowskim/CryptoSwift for hashing.
What is it?
Create unique theft proof passwords for each service that you use. Never store them but easily create them when you need it.
Simply enter a service and then a password. PW will then hash it using SHA1 and now you have super strong and unique password for that site.
How does it work?
PW takes the two inputs Service (the service is always converted to lowercase) and Password and runs it through a SHA1 hash with four pipes thrown in to make it a little interesting:
SHA1(“Service” + “||” + “Password” + “||”)
For example with the service “Facebook” and the password “hackference” it would be:
- Android App -> https://github.com/hughhopkins/PW-Android
- OS X App -> https://github.com/hughhopkins/PW-OSX
- Website -> https://github.com/hughhopkins/PW-Site