Awesome Product Manager
A curated list of awesome books, tools and other resources for Product Managers. Inspired by 'awesome-' repos. All PRs are welcomed to contribute to this awesome stuff.
Table of Contents
All resources are collected from many sources on Internet and ordered randomly.
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability by Steve Krug. This is a book about human-computer interaction and web usability. 400 000 copies sold into 20 languages, it's a kind of classic book for all product managers, developers.
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. One of the worst things a PM can do is build a product that nobody wants. This book shows you how to avoid that by building a minimum viable product and paying attention to the metrics that matter.
- The Innovator's Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen. Focusing on disruptive technology, Christensen shows why most companies miss out on new waves of innovation. Whether in electronics or retailing, a successful company with established products will get pushed aside unless managers know when to abandon traditional business practices. Using the lessons of successes and failures from leading companies, The Innovator’s Dilemma presents a set of rules for capitalizing on the phenomenon of disruptive innovation.
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman. From a product designer's perspective, "I consider this the canonical product design book, and it's a great place for anyone to start, especially if you don't already have a background in design. It will show you how to look at the world in terms of design. After reading this book you'll start to notice good and bad designs all around you."
- Cracking the PM Interview: How to Land a Product Manager Job in Technology by Gayle Laakmann McDowell and Jackie Bavaro. This is a great overview of what the PM role is, how it looks at different companies, and how to ace interviews, good for both startup or bigger tech company.
- You're Hired: How to Get a Job in Product Management on Udemy. Learn how to become a product manager at a hot tech startup.
- The Product Manager Handbook by Carl Shan and Brittany Cheng. This is a FREE 60-page handbook featuring in-depth interviews with product and program managers at Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter and more.
- Paul Graham's Essays. All essays by Paul Graham, Y-Combinator founder and advisor. No need to say much, you will find plenty of precious lessons from there.
- We are Product Managers by Satya Patel, Google Product Manager and ex-VP Product at Twitter.
- A Product Manager’s Job by Josh Elman, PM at Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. He gives a definition of task, responsibilty for Product Manager.
- Software Tools for Product Managers, an excellent list, full tool types for Product Manager.
- Tools for Product Managers, listed by Product Hunt.
- Canvanizer, a website lets Product Manager create business model canvas and do quick prototype from idea.
- Taskade, a collaborative task manager to help teams organize ideas, tasks, and project roadmaps.
This awesome list is gathered from many resources on Internet, including these below sources but not limited: