RailStrap is a Front-end / Back-end template using HTML5 Boilerplate, Twitter Bootstrap 3, Ruby on Rails (4.0.0) Devise ( Auth ) and Ruby 2.0.0.
Clone the git repo -
git clone https://github.com/hugodias/railStrap.git- or download it
Then run your server
Check at http://localhost:3000
- Rails 4
- Ruby 2.0.0
- Imagemagick (For uploading pictures)
- Vagrant (Optional)
- Paperclip ( User profile picture )
- SQLite (Default)
- Postgresdb https://github.com/hugodias/railStrap/tree/postgresdb
Change the cookie secret token at
# Be sure to restart your server when you modify this file. # Your secret key for verifying the integrity of signed cookies. # If you change this key, all old signed cookies will become invalid! # Make sure the secret is at least 30 characters and all random, # no regular words or you'll be exposed to dictionary attacks. RailStrap::Application.config.secret_token = 'YOUR-NEW-TOKEN-HERE'
Thanks pringles for the tip
RailStrap has a Vagrant file to create your own Virtual Machine for development.
After that you just need to start your VM:
After that you have a Ubuntu server to work, but this server isn't configured to work with rails yet! :( So i'm leaving here one virtual box image with Ruby 2.0.0 (rbenv) and Rails 4 pre-configured.
To install this server just follow this steps:
- Download the server image here: link
- Place the image that you downloaded in railStrap repository
- In railStrap directory run
vagrant box add railStrapMachine ubuntuRails4Ruby2.box virtualbox
vagrant box listand this new machine should be in that list
- Now in
- To get your machine up run
And its done ! Your vagrant vm now has Ruby 2.0.0 and Rails 4 ready to go.
- jQuery: MIT/GPL license
- Modernizr: MIT/BSD license
- Normalize.css: Public Domain
- Twitter bootstrap: Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")
- Ruby on Rails: MIT license
The Unlicense (aka: public domain)