Contributing to GEF
gef is placed under license MIT which
provides Open-Source access to the code and its use.
By contributing to
gef code through the Pull Requests mechanism, you accept
to release the code written by you under the said license.
Submitting a Patch
gefrepository (requires GitHub account). Sending a patch from the
git diff --patchcommands is not accepted.
- Write the changes in your local repo.
- Respect the coding style (same indentation format, explicit names as possible)
- Comment your code
- If you add a new feature/GDB command, also write the adequate
- Submit a pull request, make sure it is made against the
master, which only contains tested and stable features)
- The contributors will review your patch. If it is approved, the change will be merged via the GitHub, and you will be seen as contributors. If it needs additional work, the repo owner will respond with useful comments.