Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
New marker types (see the markers example):
- MapMarker - create an SVG-based map marker similar to Leaflet's image-based marker, but fully customizable via L.Path style properties
- RegularPolygonMarker - create N-sided shapes like triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.
- StarMarker - create stars with N points
ChartMarkers - useful for displaying multiple data properties at each location:
- StackedRegularPolygonMarker - a variation on the bar chart
- SparklineMarker - graph-based markers for illustrating time series and other x, y data in a geospatial context (Coming soon)
Functions for easily mapping data properties to Leaflet style values:
- HSLHueFunction - vary the output hue based on a data property
- HSLSaturationFunction - vary the output saturation based on a data property
- HSLLuminosityFunction - vary the output lightness/luminosity based on a data property
- Various RGB functions
- Built-in support for Colorbrewer color scales
- PiecewiseFunction - use multiple LinearFunction classes in sequence (e.g. vary a color from white to yellow, yellow to red)
- CustomColorFunction - specify the specific color scale to use. Use L.ColorBrewer to specify Colorbrewer scales.
New layer types that simplify reading and visualizing any JSON-based data structure:
- ChartDataLayer and corresponding DataLayer instances for various chart types
Automatic legend generation and a simple legend control. To generate a legend, just call getLegend on any DataLayer, or use the provided legend control and the legend will be displayed automatically.
Support for gradient fills and drop shadows, text on Path-based items (e.g. markers, polylines, polygons, etc.), animation and more.
Callouts for annotating map data. Use the L.Callout class to add individual callouts to your map. See the Markers example for an illustration of callouts.
NOTE: The dist folder includes a minified version of the full framework as well as a minified version of the code required to use the new markers
Use leaflet-dvf.markers.min.js if you want to use the new markers without the rest of the framework