An SDK for authoring Popcorn projects.
- node v0.6 or higher
- npm (comes with node v0.6 installer)
In order for Cornfield to operate correctly ( being able to save, load, and publish ) you will need to install mongodb. You can find a good guide to do so here. Before starting up you Cornfield server be sure that you have MongoDB running or else it will fail to start.
git clone --recursive https://github.com/mozilla/butter.git
node make server
When updating your repo, make sure to run
node make submodules to update Butter's submodules.
- To use butter be sure to start the node server by running
node make server.
- Navigate to http://localhost:8888/templates/test.html to begin using Butter
- Be sure to have a webserver of some sort running and navigate to butter/templates/test.html ( keep in mind you will not be able to save and load projects )
node maketo ensure all of the css has been compiled
- If you do not have a webserver setup you can create a temporary one by running
python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8888inside the root of your butter directory
- Navigate to localhost:8888 to use butter
Before contributing a new patch be sure to run the following:
node make checkto lint butter
- run the qUnit tests in the test/ directory to be sure you broke nothing
We have an active irc community on irc.mozilla.org in the #popcorn channel, as well as a mailing list that you can subscribe to https://groups.google.com/group/web-made-movies-working. Come say hi!
- To file a bug or feature request, please use our issue-tracking lighthouse project: https://webmademovies.lighthouseapp.com/projects/65733-butter/
- When contributing code, please issue a pull request on github, so that we can track changes with comments. Be sure to put a link to the pull request in any corresponding lighthouse tickets.
- Be sure to change the ticket state on lighthouse to "peer-review-requested" and assign to to one of the core developers for review