gevent is a coroutine-based Python networking library.
- Fast event loop based on libev.
- Lightweight execution units based on greenlet.
- Familiar API that re-uses concepts from the Python standard library.
- Cooperative sockets with SSL support.
- DNS queries performed through c-ares or a threadpool.
- Ability to use standard library and 3rd party modules written for standard blocking sockets
gevent is inspired by eventlet but features more consistent API, simpler implementation and better performance. Read why others use gevent and check out the list of the open source projects based on gevent.
Install Python 2.5, 2.6 or 2.7, and greenlet extension.
Read the documentation online at http://www.gevent.org
installing from github
To install the latest development version:
pip install cython git+git://github.com/gevent/gevent.git#egg=gevent
python setup.py build
PYTHONPATH=.. python testrunner.py --config ../known_failures.py