(NOTE) This project is no longer being maintained, if you're interested in maintain facy, please create an issue to discuss.
Facy is a terminal client for facebook, which support streaming-like feature. Only supports Ruby 1.9 and later. To install facy, we need ruby pre-installed, please refer to https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/installation/ to know how to install ruby. I recommend rvm to control the version of installed ruby.
- Homepage: http://huydx.com/facy
- Installation guide: https://github.com/huydx/facy/wiki/Installation-Guide
- Usage guide: https://github.com/huydx/facy/wiki/Usage-guide
- Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj9dGlhUXw0
Imageview by asii-art also available by option config, however image quality is quite bad, so it seems quite useless.
Install it yourself as:
$ gem install facy
and then refer to the wiki page to complete the initial setup process. To setup facy, you need to register facebook developer account, and create your own facebook app.
- To register facebook developer account, go to: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/create-developer-account
- After registerd, you can go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps to create your new app
- And then you'are able to setup facy follow https://github.com/huydx/facy/wiki/Installation-Guide
- Fork it ( http://github.com/huydx/facy/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request