This is a Google Chrome browser extension that enhances the Google+ web app to unlock the potential of its real-time updates and make it much easier to process a large stream of incoming posts and comments.
- Install from the Chrome Web Store.
- Follow me on Google+ and Twitter.
- Web page for G+me.
- Give feedback in discussion on Google+.
- Notification status visible at all times. You no longer have to scroll the page to the top and you don't have to keep going back to the browser tab with Google+. You will always know when you get new notifications because the browser button is always visible with a badge.
- Collapsible comments. Thanks to a side bar always within view, it's quick and easy to hide hundreds of comments from anywhere in the discussion.
- Collapsible posts. You can hide and unhide a post without muting it. This is great if you're not really interested in seeing a post and all its comments right now, but you still want to get back to it at a later time. The downside of muting a post is that you will never see it again and you stop getting any notifications of responses to any comments you may have made on that post.
- Mark comments as read. Collapsing posts/comments automatically keeps track of the comments you've seen; the extension remembers.
- Real-time comment count on collapsed items. Whether you like to collapse comments or posts, you won't miss any incoming comments. The extension shows you the total number of seen or unseen comments, updated live.
- List-mode option keeps at most one post displayed. Combined with real-time comments, this turns the stream into a dashboard: in one screenful you can see activity on many posts at once and jump back and forth between multiple active comment streams. This will greatly benefit those who follow popular people who post a lot and/or get a lot of comments.
- Mouse-over instant preview. In list mode, hover the mouse over a collapsed post to get a preview of the content at the side. The preview is fully functional.
- Does not play well with the 'j' and 'k' keyboard shortcuts, which scroll the page.
- Sometimes the comment counts look odd. You can get zero or negative counts for new comments because people delete their comments -- that's normal. But Google+ doesn't give us comments consistently.
Copyright (C) 2011 Huy Z
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.