In this release a few new features are added :
- For the OLCI images (EFR and ERR) there is now a border overlay.
- For OLCI images it is possible that the sensor gets saturated for some pixels. This information is available in the netCDF files. In Set Preferences - OLCI Config there is a radiobutton that allows you to set the saturated pixels to the maximum value for this channel.
The scale_factor and add_offset are now used to calculate the radiances. Also a bug in the GVP projection for negative latitudes was fixed.
Histogram matching is added for OLCI images.
- None 95%
Linear mapping of 95% of the pixels to 0 - 255. The lower 2.5% of the pixel values are set to 0 and the higher 2.5% of the pixel values are set to 255.
- None 100%
Linear mapping of 100% of the pixels to 0 - 255
Histogram equalization of the complete or projected image. The LUT is calculated over the complete input image.
- Equalize Projection (only for projections)
Histogram equalization of the projected image. The LUT is calculated only over the pixels of the projected image.
There is also a radiobutton where you can combine the histogram matching with normalized values. These values are calculated by dividing the radiances by the cosine of the Sun Zenith Angle.
For OLCI images you can now save the image as a 48bit RGB PNG file.
A "Whats This ?" button was added to the Toolbar. It provides a simple description of any widget, i.e. answering the question "What's This?". Pushing this button and hovering over any widget in the Toolbox changes the cursor in a question mark, and by clicking giving a short explanation of the widget.
Because GOES13/GOES15 segments are transmitted in both Data Channel 3 and Data Channel 4 it was necessary for EumetcastView that the directory names did contain the string 'Data Channel 3' or 'Data Channel 4'. This is no longer necessary. Eumetcast transmits the full earth images in 'Data Channel 3' every 3 hours and the partial images in 'Data Channel 4' every hour except when there is an image in 'Data Channel 3'.
This change allows you to view the GOES images processed via the MSG Data Manager.
- Added a Configuration database for VIIRS M.
- The VIIRS M and VIIRS DNB images have there own image memory, and so it is possible to view the two images together.
- Change of the Projection tab to include the new input image.
- New radiobutton in the Projection tab that allows to combine the VIIRS M and VIIRS DNB images.
- Moved the track buttons vertical to the right and included an overview counter of the selected segments.
The following features are added :
- Decoding of VIIRS DNB images with geolocation.
- Bilinear interpolation for GAC and Noaa. The interpolation works now for VIIRS (DNB and M band), Metop, GAC and Noaa.
- Points of interest database (POI).
- For VIIRS images the geolocation near the poles and dateline works.
- Bilinear interpolation for Metop and Noaa.
- Removed the "jaggies" on the border of the projection image.