This release contains a windows and linux install script to install the koush / phhusson / lbdroid Superuser root setup for Android. This one is specifically for the Sofia 3GR Intel unit.
I switch to this one instead of Chainfire's SuperSU as this Superuser version enables the use of the Xposed framework on our units.
Note: This script only installs Superuser to your unit and thereby roots your unit.
If you already had your unit rooted, for example with my SuperSU script, you first need to uninstall that SuperSU version! You can use this script to uninstall SuperSU.
14 January 2018: Some users ran into boot-loops on their units with the previous SuperSu still installed. If you want to switch rooting method it is safer to simply flash a fresh Joying firmware to your unit, and then do the install.
Do not use this install script if you still have SuperSU installed !!
This script can only be installed on a "clean", un-rooted unit.
- You need to have adb over tcpip working. See the first On your head unit section on my Rooting page. The second section "On your pc" of that page for the "Sofia 3 GR Intel units" is identical to the section below.
- Linux pc/laptop only: First install adb via your package manager (like on Ubuntu/Debian like distributions: "sudo apt-get install adb")
On your pc
Download the Superuser-Sofia3GR-Intel.zip from this Releases page onto your pc/laptop.
Unzip it somewhere on your pc/laptop.
- On Windows: Run CMD.exe as Administrator.
- On Linux like OSes: Open a terminal.
Reboot your unit before you start! My experience is that the adb daemon and/or tcpip stack is not so stable after multiple sleep/wake cycles.
Change to the folder where you unzipped the files and change to the folder where the install.sh and install.bat are located.
- On Windows: Run the install.bat script with the IP address of your Head Unit as a parameter: install.bat 192.168.178.50 (for example)
- On linux: Run the install.sh script with the IP address of your Head Unit as a parameter: ./install.sh 192.168.178.50 (for example)
Wait until the script finishes.
Reboot your Head Unit.
When asked: DO NOT update the su binary. It will soft-brick your unit requiring a reflash with a new firmware ROM.