A helper cookbooks for building things with Chef
Provides LWRPs to help DRY building things with Chef.
- default[:builder][:build_dir] = '/usr/src/builder/sources'
- default[:builder][:packaging_dir] = '/usr/src/builder/packaging'
- default[:builder][:gem][:exec] = node[:languages][:ruby][:gem_bin]
builder_dir 'customapp-1.0.tar.gz' do remote_file 'http://example.com/downloads/customapp-1.0.tar.gz' suffix_cwd 'customapp-1.0' commands [ './configure', 'make install DESTDIR=$PKG_DIR' ] end
The $PKG_DIR is an environment variable that will be available to build commands. The $PKG_DIR is created by the LWRP to provide a location to install files for later packaging.
- Repository: http://github.com/hw-cookbooks/builder
- IRC: Freenode @ #heavywater