Configures various YUM components on Red Hat-like systems. Includes LWRP for managing repositories and their GPG keys.
Based on the work done by Eric Wolfe and Charles Duffy on the yumrepo cookbook.
RedHat Enterprise Linux 5, and 6 distributions within this platform family.
- An array containing a list of packages to exclude from updates or installs. Wildcards and shell globs are supported.
- Defaults to an empty exclude list.
- An array containing a list of packages which should only be installed, never updated.
- Defaults to an empty install-only list.
- Set the epel release version based on
- Defaults to the most current release of EPEL, based on the major version of your platform release.
- Set the epel release version based on
- Set the IUS release to install.
- Defaults to the current release of the IUS repo.
The default recipe does nothing.
Manages the configuration of the
/etc/yum.conf via attributes. See
the aforementioned Array attributes
Installs the EPEL repository via RPM. Uses the
attribute to select the right version of the repository package to
install. Also uses the node's platform version (as an integer) for the
major release of EL.
On Amazon Linux, the built-in EPEL repository is activated using
yum-config-manager --quiet --enable epel. This ignores the
node['yum']['epel_release'] attribute in favor of the version
configured in the Amazon Linux AMI.
Installs the IUS Community repositories
via RPM. Uses the
node['yum']['ius_release'] attribute to select the
right versino of the package to install.
The IUS repository requires EPEL, and includes
yum::epel as a
This LWRP handles importing GPG keys for YUM repositories. Keys can be
imported by the
url parameter or placed in
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ by a
recipe and then installed with the LWRP without passing the URL.
- :add: installs the GPG key into
- :remove: removes the GPG key from
- key: name attribute. The name of the GPG key to install.
- url: if the key needs to be downloaded, the URL providing the download.
# add the Zenoss GPG key yum_key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" do url "http://dev.zenoss.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" action :add end # remove Zenoss GPG key yum_key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" do action :remove end
This LWRP provides an easy way to manage additional YUM repositories.
GPG keys can be managed with the
key LWRP. The LWRP automatically
updates the package management cache upon the first run, when a new
repo is added.
- :add: creates a repository file and builds the repository listing (default)
- :remove: removes the repository file
- repo_name: name attribute. The name of the channel to discover
- description. The description of the repository
- url: The URL providing the packages
- mirrorlist: Default is
urlis considered a list of mirrors
key: Optional, the name of the GPG key file installed by the
enabled: Default is
1, set to
0if the repository is disabled.
- type: Optional, alternate type of repository
- failovermethod: Optional, failovermethod
- bootstrapurl: Optional, bootstrapurl
- make_cache: Optional, Default is
yum -q makecachewill not be ran
# add the Zenoss repository yum_repository "zenoss" do description "Zenoss Stable repo" url "http://dev.zenoss.com/yum/stable/" key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" action :add end # remove Zenoss repo yum_repository "zenoss" do action :remove end
recipe[yum::yum] in the run list to ensure yum is configured
correctly for your environment within your Chef run.
yum::epel recipe to enable EPEL, or the
yum::ius recipe to
enable IUS, per Recipes section above.
You can manage GPG keys either with cookbook_file in a recipe if you
want to package it with a cookbook or use the
url parameter of the
License and Author
Copyright:: 2010 Tippr Inc. Copyright:: 2011 Eric G. Wolfe Copyright:: 2011 Opscode, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.